As our teens set out on their journey of independence they need a solid foundation of knowledge, skills and plans to reduce their risk behind the wheel. Quality driver education is a critical element in developing safe driving attitudes, improving hazard recognition and managing visibility, time and space in traffic.
AAA’s How to Drive Online delivers the rules and essential elements of safe driving in an interactive and innovative way. Approved in the state of Indiana for novice driver classroom education, this online program aims to ensure that safe driving habits are developed and maintained for life. AAA has been a leader in the driver training business since 1935, so trust AAA to help keep the roads safe for all travelers.
Getting your license? Read more about Colorado’s process here.
This approved 30 hour course features:
- Available on mobile devices
- Convenient and self-paced delivery
- A virtual parent session designed to educate parents on the learning to drive process (Optional)
- 30-hour Online content satisfies all IN state requirements for novice classroom training
- The most up-to-date information from scientifically validated sources
- Innovative delivery including video, synchronous presentations, simulations and interactive exercises to enhance content retention
Once the How to Drive Online course has been completed it’s time to select a driving school for behind-the-wheel instruction. Take the time to find a quality driving school – one that focuses on safety – instead of a driving school that is the least expensive, most convenient or focused solely on passing the driving test.
- Ask around – Check with friends and neighbors about programs they’ve used.
- Call several driving schools – Ask specific questions about schedules, fees for missed lessons, registration procedures and the next available course dates and times.
- Visit the school – Ask to see the driver education vehicles. Instructional vehicles should be late-model cars in good condition.
- Find out about the instructors – Consider instructor experience. Instructors should be monitored by school management and undergo periodic performance evaluations.
Click “Sign Up” at the top of the page to begin AAA’s Colorado Online Novice Driver Education course today.